Monday, May 3, 2010

Electric Quilts - is that like the Electric Horseman with Robert Redford?

Nope - not at all like the Electric Horsemen with Robert Redford and Jane Fonda! Remember that movie? Loved it!

But I also love my Electric Quilt program! It is so fun. I have learned so much by taking all of the Electric Quilt classes offered at Quilt University! www.quiltuniversity.com. Now Electric Quilt is upgrading to a new version! EQ7. I have EQ5, EQ6 and have just pre-ordered EQ7. Can't wait to get it! If you are interested in getting into designing your own quilts - this is the best software ever! Check it out here: http://www.electricquilt.com/

Thanks to a few more tips and encouragement from Kimberly Einmo (www.kimberlyeinmo.com), I now have more confidence in what I am doing on EQ! So here are a few quilts that I have designed using my EQ6 program!



Someday I hope to DESIGN and MAKE, from start to finish, a quilt of my very own! How cool would that be - instead of using someone else' pattern, I can design my own and then make my own pattern! Wow!

6 comments:

Patti said...

I did that once. It was the Christmas quilt Kim helped me figure out, and I made four of them!

Dara's Doodles said...

VERY cool! It'll be fun to see your design when you make one! Be sure to share! :)

cody said...

Wow!!! That's so awesome! They all look so great! It would be so cool to make your own

Stacey

Denise said...

Ok...so I LOVED that movie too. I don't remember much except that I was young and loved watching a movie with my mom and dad.

Meeker home said...

LynnEl- I had no idea you had a blog!! You've been holding out on me. HOw fun!! And yes- very cool to be able to design your own quilts. I can't believe and amazingly talented you are. Someday I will have the famous quilter LynnEl Springer come and give ME classes.

Amy said...

Mom!!! Those are soooo cool! C'mon! What are you, a quilting genius or something? Amazing! I can't wait to get a quilt designed and made by my mom! Love you!