We had a wonderful quilting weekend with Kimberly Einmo - a quilter and publisher of two quilt books! She taught me more about how to use EQ6 and even designed a quilt just for me and the fabric I bought while shopping with her and showing her our local quilt shops!
One of my very best friends and my best quilting buddy of all time, Carol Stone, (above left) took the class on Saturday.
Here is a picture of what we accomplished at Saturday's class.
This is a picture of our Friday class accomplishments! Kimberly is in the middle, next to me!
Kimberly loved to be in Aruba with me!! Every time I get in my car, I am in Aruba! One of my favorite places of all time!
And in case you didn't know, Tucker is our 110-pound yellow lab who loves to lay right next to me while I'm sewing or quilting. Altho he is not allowed in my quilting room, so he lays just outside the door and sleeps while I quilt!And as an extra special treat - I've added this video of Aidan playing monster with Dan, singing Rock-a-bye, Baby! to Dan to put him to sleep, and then roaring at him to wake him up! This was on our vacation to Park City, Utah last year, July 2009, only a month after Dan came home from his mission. He keeps calling for Katie to come and save him! It's Amy's voice you generally hear in the background. It's worth watching to the end if you ask me!!
3 comments:
1.Your picture of Curacou is AWESOME! I love it as your blog header!!
2. Your quilts are amazing!!! You did such a great job! Did you do that entire quilt in just one class?! That's so awesome!!! You are such a great quilter!!!
3. Seriously canNOT believe Tucker is 110 lbs. That's like almost as much as me. Ok...so not really almost. But it will be when I lose 20 lbs!! :)
4. Your video didn't work and I'm super bummed! Lately no videos have been working on my google...so it's probably not just you.
Anyway, I loved your post! It was so so great!!!
Nell, thanks for leaving your blog site for us at the American Quilter's Society to read, it's a great blog. Check our facebook page on Friday to find out the winner of the Blog-of-the-Week!
I've enjoyed your blog and photos; keep up the great work!
www.americanquilter.com
I'm so glad you love quilting!! Yay! I loved seeing the projects you're working on and I'm so glad you had so much fun with Kimberly! Love you!!
Post a Comment