Tuesday, May 18, 2010

AQS Quilt Show - The Traveling Quilt!




KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE - WooHoo!! I think that's Dolly Country!! My quilt "The Patriarch" is officially entered in the AQS (American Quilter's Society) - Knoxville Show! I was a bit afraid to send in an application to Paducah - the Quilt Capitol of the World, but instead chose to apply to the AQS-Knoxville show which is only 2 years old! I'm glad AQS is having their show in more places than just Paducah now!

So, poor Andrew has to part with his quilt AGAIN! We barely just got it back from the International Quilt Festival in Chicago! Now it will be leaving us in June for the show in July.

I'm thinking that I will take a Saturday to drive it down to Paducah (where it has to be sent to go on to Knoxville since Paducah is the AQS Headquarters) and then I can stop at some of the quilt stores on the way down, cuz I have gift certificates to a few of them! It will be a LONG day, but so worth it! WOO HOO!! Sew exciting!!



6 comments:

Amy said...

Yay!!! C'mon! That's sooo exciting! I can't wait to hear how it goes and I'm a little jealous the quilt (and you) get to go back to Dolly country!!! 'Member when we saw Dolly? :) Love you!

LynnEl Springer said...

Aim, I don't get to go with the quilt - cuz I'll be with you in Utah at the time of the quilt show. But I wish I could go both places. Dang.

Stacey said...

Yeah!! That's so so awesome! Congratulations, mom!

Patti said...

I promised Laura that I would start Eliot's quilt this very day! I found a super simple pattern online so I should get it finished before I go out there in June.
I'm so excited for your traveling quilt. You're the quilting Queen!

Meeker home said...

The quilt is so beautiful! I can't believe all the detail. You are truly amazing!!

beaquilter said...

did you win anything ? is this an old post? I want to get back into applying for bigger shows :-) this one you made IS amazing though!! gorgeous!