Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Grandchildren & Women's Conference - lovin' it!

Aidan ran to Amy and gave her a big hug! He was so happy to see his Auntie Amy. Aidan and I were sitting in Amy's car waiting for her to come out from work to be with us, while we ate french fries with fry sauce from Crown Burger, when Aidan asked so nicely if we could go inside to find her. So I called Amy and she was just coming out, so she met us, and Aidan just ran right to her! Then she said, "Let's go see the fish!" Aidan looked and looked for Nemo but we never did find him there.
Grandma Nell (me) got to babysit Aidan and little Livi as a birthday present to April, so that she and Noah could go out for a nice afternoon and evening. It was wonderful for me and I hope it was wonderful for them too! I went over to pick up Aidan about noon on April 28 and he and I went to Kangaroo Zoo! What a fun place! He was pretty tired when we drove there, and fell asleep in his car seat almost immediately, while he held my little calender planner! He loves little books like that. He asked me if he could take his daddy's scriptures with him, but I gave him my little planner/date book instead! He was a happy boy!
Here's a little picture of Olivia Joy "Livi" - she was actually asleep, but opened her eyes for just a second! She is a very sweet little baby girl and brings great joy to her mother and father! When I was ready to leave one day, Aidan gave me a kiss and then said, "You can't take my little sister with you!" He's very protective and helpful and loving to his little sister! She is truly a sweetheart! Such a good baby. She brings so much love to us all, especially her family!
Aidan had fun playing with his dragon toys while I was at his house! We played all kinds of games, including "time out"! So funny! After having a little bit of chocolate milk, Aidan fell asleep while watching Lion King. I carried him to bed and tucked him in then proceeded to take pictures of his sweetness! When April and Noah came home, I told them that he had had a drink before falling asleep, so I hoped he didn't wet the bed, and that's when April asked if he had on his pull-ups. Whoops! I didn't know about that part. So she quickly went in to put those on him! I couldn't have had a more wonderful trip!
After a day with Aidan, Livi, April and Noah, Amy and I went to BYU Women's Conference! It was so great to start the day listening to Sis. Julie B. Beck speak! What an amazing women! I also got to hear Sis. Rasband speak - also a terrific presentation. Then I went to the next class and heard Erin Meeker speak! Holy Cow! What a great day! Erin's talk brought tears and laughter. She is definitely an amazing women! The next two days went by quickly. My camera broke - so I have no more pictures. But Erin put one on her blog - so if you know her you can go there to see us! Amy was so cute in her tininess! (Is that a word?) Women's Conference was fantastic, especially watching Amy conduct the closing session with Elder Dallin H. Oaks speaking in that session! Tears flowed from a proud mother's eyes! What a special daughter she is! I'm proud to be her mother!

And proud to be a grandmother to Aidan, Livi, Chloe, Preslie, and Katie and Seth's baby to be born in July! Love them!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Yeah!!! What a great post! I so wish I could be there. I love that Aidan said you couldn't take his little sister. Seriously how cute is he?! And I think Livi kinda looks like Preslie! They both have such pretty blue eyes! I can't wait to meet her!!!!

Patti said...

Amy was so fabulous conducting that meeting. Glad you had a good trip. Hope you can get your camera fixed or replaced.

Meeker home said...

Oh stop. Thanks for those nice things you said. It was soooo good to see you and hang out a bit at Women's Conf! We should plan to meet up every year!! Perhaps next year it will be YOUR turn to speak.