Thursday, February 23, 2017

I have finished quilting my customer's quilt on my Innova - her's is the first one to be quilted on my new machine.  She wanted to have it done so that she can sell it at the Cunningham Children's Home Quilt Show in April.  I am excited how it turned out!  The machine makes it so much easier to follow my chalked design.  Thanks to Lisa H. Calle and her "Divide and Design" class at MQX Springfield Quilt Show and also her class of the same name on iQuilt.com, I got up the courage to actually just start drawing a design with my chalk pencil and rulers and came up with what you see quilted in the set-in triangle border.  I also followed Joy Voltenburg's YouTube.com video of her doing the cute flower in the center of the blocks in the middle of the quilt.  Quilting is a process.  You learn more and more and more every time you quilt another quilt!  I have taken many many many classes, lots of online instruction, and gleaned from my quilty friends, like Joy, to learn as much as I can to this point and I look forward to learning much more.  I have a class in Michigan to learn more about my quilting machine on March 11 at Accomplish Quilting.  Then an advanced class from them in April.  But at the end of March for 3 days, I will go with Joy and a few other ladies to enjoy a 3-day long class from Jamie Wallen - for FREE because Joy won the grand prize and got to invite her friends to this special class!  So exciting.  And the best thing is??  He quilts with an Innova too!  So that will be even more helpful to me!

Enjoy the pictures of the latest quilt off my quilting machine frame! 






1 comment:

JoyVoltenburg said...

Looks great LynnEl! I can't wait for our trip! It's going to be so much fun.