Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Commitment to Health!

My awesome kids have been after me to get healthy. First of all, I'm not sick, but my eating habits are not good. So, consequently, I am gradually adding weight to my little frame. Being only 5'2", I should not weigh as much as I do. My daughter, Amy, who is not overweight, decided to do a diet to help out a friend of hers who needed to lose weight and was given a diet to follow by her doctor. Her friends decided that they would help her by going on the diet with her! Amy lost 17.5 pounds in 60 days on that diet. She ate only certain things for each 2-week period and then added more every two weeks to her diet. By the time they had finished the 8 weeks, they were really excited to have pizza and a few other things again, but she also had gained an appreciation for healthy eating habits and cooking at home and eating FRESH.


I read a person's blog who had over 100 pounds to lose and she gave herself 2 years to do it and then blogged almost every day to keep herself accountable. My son, Noah, calls me often to make sure I'm tracking my food on My Fitness Pal. My sisters, have consistently called me, checked up on me, and encouraged me to lose weight, especially Cheryl.


That was a recent picture of me with Stacey, my daughter, at Disneyland in March, 2012. We had a blast! She looks so cute - and I love being with her, but would be much happier to be skinnier and more healthy!


After having 6 children, I had gotten back down to about 135 pounds, which was still too much for me! Now I only wish I could weigh that amount again. I started working full time about 15 years ago and have gotten into the habit of eating at fast food places almost every day, sometimes even twice a day. Not good. Consequently, my poor choices have increased my weight gain!


On this day, April 5, 2012, I weighed in at home at 186.1 lbs. I want to lose 46.1 pounds and get down to 140 - and maybe even lower than that, but I will be happy at 140. So, my plan is to stop making excuses, stop being lazy, stop leaving my lunch at home in the fridge, stop eating out, stop buying junkfood and to start making healthy lunches to bring to work, start Amy's detox diet AGAIN, start eating natural, healthy food, start going to the fitness center 3 times a week, start walking the dog 2 times a week, start tracking my food on My Fitness Pal everyday, start being accountable for myself and my choices and start losing weight NOW. I am giving myself 10 months to lose these 46 pounds. So that means that I will be at my goal weight on February 5, 2013. Just in time for a welcome vacation!!


This morning I had two poached eggs, with 3 pieces of Turkey Sausage (only 100 cal) and a small glass of milk. I brought some Quinoa and also a turkey patty for lunch today - along with a salad. It's 11:42 and I am just beginning to get hungry for lunch. I have been eating Grape-Nuts each morning and am starving by 10:30 generally!


Thanks for your support in helping me with my journey!

LynnEl

6 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow!!! I'm so so proud of you! I think this is great! You can do it! I think you should get Dad to do it with you - you can both cook together at home and lose weight together, and then go on your vacation together! It'll be fantastic! Great job, Mom!

Amy said...

That's awesome Mom! I'm so glad you're focusing on getting healthy - that's what really really matters. I love you and I'm so happy you're doing this! It's ok to not conquer it all at once - just make goals that are reachable so you'll keep going! love you!

Cheryl said...

Way to go Nel! It will be exciting to read about your progress. You can do this and the results will be finding your cute, small self again. You know she's in there! When it gets tough, re-read your commitment. I wish you the best...health, happiness and a new you!

Patti said...

We're home from the hospital now- a place you don't want to end up in! I'm happy you want to do this. Sweets are your downfall more than anything else, I think. At least they are for me, so I figure they are for you as well.
I should commit to losing the first 10 lbs. with you!

Anonymous said...

I have no doubt that you can meet your goal. Take it a day at a time, or an hour at a time. Or whatever it takes. You can do it!

Meeker home said...

Wow- good for you! I can't wait to see those swimsuit pictures from your vacation on Feb.