This first quilt I just finished last week. It was a T-Shirt quilt a lady made for her son - they are from Chrisman, Illinois, could you tell? The thread I used was Glide on top and Prewound Glide Delites in the bobbin. Love those threads - they never break and work so well! I did some 'fire' in one of the red shirts with red thread, and the rest of the time I just used a grey-colored thread that work well for everywhere else. Except I did use black or red in the black t-shirts. I just did a meander in the borders and some swirls in the corner blocks.
This quilt was from a lady who wanted this quilted for her daughter's wedding as a gift. The lady made it from scraps and hand pieced it all with her grandmother, who passed away quit a long time ago. So her daughter will be the recipient of a quilt that was pieced by her mother and great-grandmother! How awesome is that? The lady just wanted me to do an all-over pattern, but I told her that I couldn't do that to this quilt - that it needed special handling and quilting. So she paid the extra money to have it custom-quilted and she is so glad she did! I loved doing this quilt - my first time to cross-hatch, but I gained confidence by taking classes from Karen McTavish!
6 comments:
Mom! Those are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sew beautiful!!!! You are seriously an exceptional quilter!!! I'm totally amazed everytime I see something you've done! Absolutely gorgeous! You're so talented! Great job!! Love you!!!
Thanks Meems!
I loved the basketballs. So cute. That wedding one was remarkable. Great job!
Seriously! I ditto everyone's comments :) The wedding one is so so so beautiful! I love it! They're both fantastic! Great job!!!!!!!!!!
These are a-maz-ing!!! You have such talent! I'm really dying over here. Perhaps I should learn to piece together a quilt top so that you can work your magic on it. Really, so impressed with your mad skills!
Thanks everyone! I love quilting!! Erin - definitely make a quilt top and I will quilt it for you!
Post a Comment