Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ruby Jane Springer

My newest little grandchild was born 17 days ago now, on January 14, 2012. She was a scheduled birth for January 27, but she decided she wanted to choose her own birthday, and April's water broke and little Ruby was born very soon afterward. I changed my flight plans and flew out that afternoon arriving in Salt Lake City about midnight that night. Here is a picture of our little Ruby, but most of the ones I took were a bit blurry. Sorry.




Here is another picture of Aidan, Livi and Ruby on Grandma Nell's lap!


Aidan and Livi were perfect angels for Grandma the whole time that I stayed with them. Livi ran a fever most of the time and just wanted to be cuddled. I was fine with that!

Aidan's having a chance to hold Ruby just as she came home from the Hospital and just before he left to go to school!


We went to to Gateway Discovery Museum one day and the kids had a blast. We also got to Grandpa and Amy one night and went out to dinner with them to Red Lobster!




The other days that I was in Utah, I spent helping Katie with taking care of Hallie May while Katie was needing to stay as still and quiet as possible to help stop her contractions! Little Baby Boy isn't supposed to come out until Feb. 13, so we tried to help Katie and Seth as much as we could. Her contractions have now lessened and he could and can come now, anytime. We're glad he's waiting a bit longer so he will be healthier when he's born! The nursery she has for him is so darling. I had a blast taking Hallie to the park and to Artic Circle to play on the slides!



I got to see my mother and my two sisters while I was there - some more than others. I stayed with Amy for a few days as well and just had a really good trip! Next trip to Utah is in May. I may have to run out to see Chloe, Preslie, Stacey and Cody before then tho!

4 comments:

Patti said...

They changed her middle name? I thought it was going to be Ella. Either way, cute-cute.
Glad we got to hang out! It was fun!

Stacey said...

So cute! Love the pictures! You'll definitely have to come see us! Everyone else gets to see you like every other month and we only get a (maybe) once a year! Not fair! :)

beaquilter said...

congrats on your little cutie.
remember our conversation from months ago??? have you been reading my blog latety? hint hint

Anonymous said...

How marvelous that your family is so blessed with new babies!