Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012...

The years seem to come and go all too quickly anymore! I have seen a few of my friends blog about what they did or didn't do in 2011 and what they plan to do in 2012 and I thought this might be a good place to reflect and think about those things as well.

I am making some travel plans for this year - to Utah in January for the birth of my son's third baby, to Utah in February for the birth of my other son's second child and for meetings with F.R.I. (the company at which my husband is employed), to St. Louis for a quilt retreat in March, to Paducah for their quilt show in April, to Utah in May for Seth's graduation with his Master's Degree, to Utah in June/July for the birth of my other son's first baby and for F.R.I. meetings again, to Utah in August for my youngest son's graduation from College, no where in September!, to California in October for my 40th High School Class Reunion - and to see my daughter and her family in Anaheim, to Utah in November for Thanksgiving with our family, and December to Chicago for Christmas!! Anyone want to be me??!!! :) Yes, I guess this year we should live in Utah since we need to be there so many times throughout this year...wow! I don't know that we will make everyone of those trips - but possibly! Maybe I should buy a plane and become a pilot!!

In between all of the traveling this upcoming year, I am the YW President and have multiple activities to attend and trying to earn my YW Medallion with the rest of the girls, as well as trying to stick to my healthier eating and 30 minutes of exercise 5 times a week for 26 weeks to finish the Mary-Thon! I love the new apps for Weight Watchers, the scanner, the kitchen app, etc.! Try them out if you're an online member. OH, and my husband bought me an iPad for Christmas! Complete and total surprise and I LOVE IT!

So, do I have resolutions, not really. More like goals and things to accomplish and do! I'm excited and ready to take it all on!

I know you are all wondering how did I get thru all of that and not mention quilting! Well, I do have many projects on the burner for this year as well, so don't worry, those will be interspersed in all of my comings and goings this year.

We had a wonderful Christmas 2011 with my niece, Laura and her husband Nick, along with her 3 beautiful children! Agnes loved being with me! Eliot - who I just want to call Danny all the time, is such a sweet, beautiful boy! And Olive, oh man, she is beautiful and so fun to hold and cuddle and kiss! We enjoyed the train ride, The Palmer House, the Christmas Buffet, the riding of the Subway to go to Church, the riding of the bus to go shopping, the American Girl Doll Store, the riding of the taxis to get to and from the train station, buying Garrett's popcorn, swimming in the pool, and a little bit of resting! It was a wonderful Christmas weekend!

I hope that 2012 brings lots of wonderful blessings to all of my family and friends. I love you all and wish you the Happiest of New Years - especially in 2012!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Beema! You are such a good friend! I enjoyed reading about your busy 2012 travel plans, my goodness, you will keep the suitcase in motion! I know having three new grandbabies in one year is an awesome thought!!! Looking forward to our next get-together when we all get time. Hugs!

Stacey said...

Holy dang. I don't think it's fair at all that you're going to see everyone in Utah every other week and me only 2 days. Not fair at all! For every week you're in Utah you need to come here, too :)

However, I think your goals look awesome!! I am super excited for you to do all those things! I did the treadmill today and was thinking of you - I hope your 5x a week workouts are going great!!!

Cheryl said...

Since you don't have any plans for September, you could come here for my birthday!