Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Gingerbread {{yummy}}

Last night I made two more (I've already made 3) batches of Gingerbread and cut out the shapes to form houses. Every Thanksgiving we try to decorate gingerbread houses so that while the meal is cooking, we are making Christmas Gingerbread Houses! So much fun! This year we had Thanksgiving over at our friends' house in Mahomet, at the Knight's home. We love hanging out with them and our dinner was fabulous! Linda and Jessen Hobson also came with their family and contributed to the fun! All the preparation and time - but all worth it.

So, I have decided now to give a Gingerbread House to my two co-workers and my boss for their Christmas present this year - as well as giving them Esther Rasband's newest book - What Think Ye of Christmas? which is a FABULOUS book - a very cute book with descriptions of all the symbols of Christmas and what they mean. Such a delightful book.

Here are a few pictures of the Gingerbread House I made at Thanksgiving - and I'll post more when I do the next three or four! Harold's (my boss)house will be decorated in Illini colors!! :) Should be interesting!

Merry Christmas!!




1 comment:

Stacey said...

Wow! Seriously you have a talent for gingerbread! Your houses are awesome! I can't wait to see Harold's. It's going to be so so so cool!!!! They'll all love it!