Friday, April 6, 2012

Day 1

Yesterday was Day #1 of my 10 month journey - actually my life journey of being healthy again! And eating healthy. I had a dentist appointment to go to yesterday. My dentist that I have gone to for 20 years retired a couple of years ago and I haven't taken the time to find a new dentist. Finally, I made the call and got myself an appointment for a cleaning and to be introduced to a new dentist. He is great! I really liked their office staff and also the dentist! The hygienist was excellent - careful, gentle but thorough.

As a teenager, I had one tooth - my left eye tooth - that came in up high in my gum and so the orthodontist fitted me with a retainer and had a wire come out of that retainer to attach to that tooth and bring it down into place. It worked wonders. NOW, the dentist yesterday asked me if I had ever had any trauma to my teeth. HMMM? Why? Well, that same tooth is now dying! I remembered that it was the tooth that the orthodontist had brought down into place and that I wore the retainer for a little while to move the tooth. "Yep", he said, "that would do it." Seriously? Orthodontia now ruins your teeth? Amazing. It's called resorption. The tooth is dying from the inside out. You can't tell, it doesn't hurt yet, but evidently I will have to do some MAJOR work to get it fixed or else have it pulled and have an implant put in that place instead. So sad... I have an appointment with an endodontist on April 16. We'll see what he says, if there's hope for it or not and go from there.

In the meantime, the dentist said to me that I have had so much dental work done (I have a ton of crowns - does that make me royalty?) that I need to be so careful in what I eat! Amazing!!! So, he said - NO MORE SUGAR - NO MORE SWEETS! It fits right in with my detox diet now, doesn't it? How did he know? Oh, I told him I was very much a candy, sweet eater... He said that I need to protect my crowns and teeth and to "STOP IT". Well, he didn't say that - but I could hear the words perfectly in my ears - kind of in the same voice as ---Pres. Uchtdorf! Hmmm, I wonder how that happened?!!!

With my Silhouette Cameo, I made cute little Easter Baskets for the girls at work - and put a small bottle of hand lotion in them along with some Easter candy. I had to get rid of the Easter candy I had purchased somehow, right? The girls love the Easter Baskets. I'll have to take a picture of them and put it on here. I have made more for my YW board members too, and the people that my husband and I home teach at church.

We will be having my best friend Carolyn and her husband come over on Sunday for Easter dinner. Carolyn and Steve are moving next Friday. We have been friends since the day they moved here about 19 years ago. It is going to kill me to have her leave. Luckily, they are going to Utah, and I visit there multiple times a year, so we will continue to see each other, altho it won't be the same as having her here. We have shared many, many holiday dinners together! Great times - Fabulous memories. Today we are going to lunch at TGI Fridays with a bunch of ladies to wish her well as they go on their way!

Oh, and I weighed myself this morning - 184.3 I'm on my way! WOO HOO!!!

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Wow! 2 lbs down already! Keep it up! That's crazy about your tooth, I"m so glad you went in and he figured that out! I hope you don't have to have anything major done on it!

LynnEl Springer said...

Thanks Suz!