This morning, I had a delicious piece of Carrot Cake for breakfast!! Is that on the detox diet, Amy? I hope so. It was so good. Here's a picture of it. I made it for our Easter dinner - or Last Supper, as I called it, with my best friends in the world, Carolyn and Steve Newman.
We had a pretty table for dinner. I thought about taking a picture of it while I had the pretty china all set, with fancy folded napkins on the plates, etc., but I didn't take one. I know why now, my battery wasn't charged...but I didn't know it until I tried to use it this morning! My sisters always set a nice table, so I had to try to be like them, right? I bought some pretty flowers at the store, then hot-glued the ribbon onto the top of the vase, spiraled it down to the bottom and then hot glued it to the bottom. It looked cute, I think. I also got out some pretty candle holders, but I didn't have candles to put in them...so I was just going to put them back, but when Andrew got a basket down from a shelf for me, there were some big shiny pretty iridescent Easter eggs in there! So I decided to put them on the candle holders - and it turned out so cute! Everyone loved it! Carolyn, of course, helped me wash all the dishes afterward, by hand, being it was fine china. We visited, laughed, shared stories, reminisce, and hugged each other a lot and often all night. I will miss her tons when she leaves this Friday, the 13th of April to drive away to Utah to await their mission call, while staying with her daughter Lisa. But I'll see them again whenever we visit Utah, which seems often!
These are some cookies that I made - tried to do the flooding idea, but I didn't have the frosting quite thin enough...but it was still fun! My Young Women at church loved them! And Carolyn thought they were so cute! She was impressed!
We had a wonderful Easter Day! Our Church meeting was wonderful and thoughts of our Savior's atonement and resurrection are still foremost in our minds. I love my Savior and love that He loved us so much that he went thru all that He did to bring salvation to all mankind. I thank Him everyday.
Okay - no more carrot cake. :( But it was soooooooooooooo good!
2 comments:
What recipe did you use for the cake? I'll bet I'd have to pick out walnuts, but other than that, it looks super yummy! And for breakfast, no problem. There's eggs and vegetables in there!
The cake looks SO SO good. I love carrot cake but never make it.
Post a Comment