Friday, December 17, 2010

My Christmas Present!

This Christmas I am getting the best Christmas present ever!

First of all, I have had my daughter, Stacey and her two little daughters, Chloe Catheryn and Preslie Jane, living with us since the end of August! It is such a joy to have them with us - to come home from work to sounds of happiness greeting me as I walk in the front door "Hi Beema!" (I love the name that Chloe came up with for me! Beema! - altho she calls me Gamma most of the time.) The girls are both so sweet. We have watched Preslie learn to walk - and now can even run. We have watched Chloe grow up from a little one to a 2 year old who can speak full sentences! It has been the joy of our lives to have them with us these last few months. In a couple of weeks they will be moving back to San Diego to their own apartment with Daddy - and they are excited, but I am sad about it. It will be so hard to let them go. I am tearing up even as I write this!

But my joy is full because ALL of my kids will be home this Christmas along with all of their families! So we'll have Amy, Noah, April, Aidan, Livi, Seth, Katie, Hallie, Stacey, Cody, Chloe, Preslie, Dan and Brooke at our home this Christmas! They fly into Chicago to meet us on Christmas night and we will spend a little bit of time in Chicago before coming back to White Heath to enjoy a few days of fun together! I can't wait! None of my kids have been home for Christmas all together since probably 1995. That was a long time ago!

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Meeker home said...

W-O-W!! That is quite the Christmas present! Enjoy you time together. HOw fun!!

Amy said...

Yay Beema!! I'm so excited!!!

Patti said...

I love that you changed your posting name from Grandma Nell to Beema! You'll have a hard time letting those little ones move away! Trust me on this. I know.