As you all know, I love to piece fabric together and make quilts - I love the piecing and the quilting both! I have a wonderful longarm quilting machine and have turned Catheryn's (and Amy's) room into my quilting room! I love it! My latest quilt is for my older brother, Tom. He used to make us play Monopoly with him all the time and he ALWAYS won, and if he didn't win, he still was the winner! Well, now he IS the winner - cuz I made him a quilt! He wins! What do you think?
I think it is absolutely awesome! He is going to love love love this. When are you going to give it to him? I hope I can keep it a secret!! Just kidding I won't spoil it for you. I bet he will hang it on the wall. My sister loves to cross stitch and a couple of years ago she cross stitched a big board and had it framed it was really cool.
Bekah, I will be mailing it to him this week. I just have to put a label on the back. I also want to take a picture of the back of the quilt because I love the fabric on the back also! Pretty fun, huh? And did you notice that the quilting says "Lystrup" in one of the pictures? I quilted "Tom Lystrup loves Monopoly" but only the Lystrup is in the picture! The whole quilt is quilted with words like Boardwalk, Park Place, Kentucky Ave., States Ave., Marvin Gardens, Community Chest, Chance, etc. It was a blast to make! I hope he loves it! (and uses it to keep warm while he watches tv in the winter time!)
6 comments:
He will love it!
I think it is absolutely awesome! He is going to love love love this. When are you going to give it to him? I hope I can keep it a secret!! Just kidding I won't spoil it for you. I bet he will hang it on the wall.
My sister loves to cross stitch and a couple of years ago she cross stitched a big board and had it framed it was really cool.
Bekah, I will be mailing it to him this week. I just have to put a label on the back. I also want to take a picture of the back of the quilt because I love the fabric on the back also! Pretty fun, huh? And did you notice that the quilting says "Lystrup" in one of the pictures? I quilted "Tom Lystrup loves Monopoly" but only the Lystrup is in the picture! The whole quilt is quilted with words like Boardwalk, Park Place, Kentucky Ave., States Ave., Marvin Gardens, Community Chest, Chance, etc. It was a blast to make! I hope he loves it! (and uses it to keep warm while he watches tv in the winter time!)
It's GREAT!!! You did such a great job! Way to go, Mom!
I didn't notice it at first, but I went back and looked at the pictures close up and I am really impressed. You are the quilting queen!
Where did you get this fabric?
Post a Comment