Sunday, October 11, 2020

 I have been quilting a bunch since last got on my blog.  I was commissioned by a co-worker to make a quilt for her.  She chose a pattern that was paper-pieced out of a magazine.  I ordered the pattern online and then Ann Sharp and I went shopping for the fabrics that she wanted to go with her décor in her living room.  We shopped and found all the fabrics at the shop in Draper, Utah.  Blues, whites, and yellows.  They are beautiful.  This top has the patterned paper-pieced pieces sewn together and then appliqued onto the blue fabric.  As are the yellow dots, appliqued onto the blue fabric. This quilt is approximately 65" x 65".   I quilted it using a ruler and also free-hand quilting.  This is one of my very favorite quilts ever.  So sad that I had to give it back to Ann!!  Finished in March 2020, right before the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic.












No comments: