Friday, December 11, 2009

Some of my Quilts!


Here are some of the quilts I have made! This first one is Ornamental Stars and it won BEST OF SHOW at our East Central Illinois Quilt Show in October, 2009. Ornamental Stars is a pattern I saw in a magazine and bought the kit from Toby Lischko, a quilter and speaker from Missouri.

Next is the Patriarch, which I made for Andrew for his 59th birthday as a surprise to him! He is the Patriarch of our family, a firm and stalwart person who leads and guides us as we march through this life. This pattern was purchased as a kit from Bonnie Blue Quilts while I was at Paducah at the quilt show in 2008. I have been encouraged by other quilters to enter it in the Paducah quilt show next year...I don't know if I feel good enough to do that yet...but I may!




















I have done some practicing with thread drawing! It's pretty fun too. Here's a sample of one thing I tried!















I made this quilt for a very dear friend for Christmas in 2007. She loves it still!! Merry Christmas, Carolyn!




















I have another friend who has done so much for me and my family and this year I made her a quilt. She is a fantastic musician and she and her friends played as a string quartet at my daughter's reception. So I made her a quilt out of all musical fabric! It's so pretty. It also won Honorable Mention at the East Central Illinois Quilt Show 2009.




















Little Miss Chloe wasn't even a twinkle in her parents' eyes when I made her a quilt! Now she is a darling little 14-month old! Doesn't that smile just melt your heart?














She's going to have a little baby sister in the next couple of weeks - and she is going to have 2 new little cousins on the Spring-it-on side soon too!!

3 comments:

Bekah said...

Beautiful, beautiful quilts. Great job. Chloe is a cutie. She will be a good big sister.
Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Stacey said...

The quilts are soooo pretty and I love your quilt drawing!!! That's so awesome and it looks amazing! Great job!

Amy said...

Oh my gosh that Chloe is soooooo cute I can hardly stand it!!! And your quilts aren't half bad either! Hahaha! You're awesome mom!!!